[rescue] Rescued Sun servers, now what?!

Angel M Alganza ama at ugr.es
Tue Feb 21 02:10:06 CST 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 08:22:29AM +0100,
Jochen Kunz wrote:

> In old fashioned Unix like NetBSD you need to
> enable getty(8) in ttys(5). (Or inittab(5) in
> Linux) Don't know about Solaris.

Thank you.  I'm running Debian GNU/Linux on my
Ultra 1, which is currently my main workstation
and communication box (email, Usenet, IRC,
jabber).  I'm planning to replace it with the
Ultra 10, once I get it up and running.  I don't
have any experience with NetBSD (I have installed
and used OpenBSD on Sparc and FreeBSD on PCs, but
never NetBSD), but I'd like to run it on this box.
I don't use many X11 programs, just Xpdf and Uzbl,
and very rarely Geeqie or Imagemagick.  Will X11
(Xorg?) be easy to set up on NetBSD on the Ultra?
(Yes, I'll be using the Ampex terminal a lot with
it, when I get it working, but I'll also like to
have a local console with graphic capabilities. :)

Cheers.
Angel

--
Angel Martin Alganza
Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Granada