[rescue] Rescued Sun servers, now what?!

Angel M Alganza ama at ugr.es
Sun Feb 19 13:08:38 CST 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 02:07:56PM -0500,
Mouse wrote:

> (a) Did you have a keyboard plugged in at the
> time?  If there's no keyboard, Suns will (unless
> specifically configured otherwise) put the ROM
> console on serial port A rather than the video.

Probably yes, although I can't tell 100% sure.
I'll try out tomorrow again making sure the
keyboard is plugged in.

> (b) Might you have a machine with busted video
> hardware?

I hope not.  Is there a way to test that?  The box
also has a standard Sun monitor conector, but my
two Sun monitors aren't working (trying to figure
out if I can fix them).

Cheers,
Angel

--
Angel Martin Alganza
Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Granada