[rescue] Rescued Sun servers, now what?!

Angel M Alganza ama at ugr.es
Sun Feb 19 12:54:42 CST 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 06:03:44PM +0100,
Jochen Kunz wrote:

> > with a sign which resembles a monitor with two
> > vertical lines at both sides, and it has three
> > rows of pin sockets.

> ??? Has an ordinary, old fashioned, analog VGA
> connector become that outdated by now, that it
> isn't commonly knowen? ;-)

Is it a VGA conector, really?  I thought it was
when I first saw it, but I couldn't manage to get
any video signal through it on a VGA monitor, and
so I assumed it was something else.  What do I
need to do to get the console signal going through
that VGA conector, please?

Cheers.
Angel

--
Angel Martin Alganza
Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Granada