[rescue] Rescued Sun servers, now what?!

Angel M Alganza ama at ugr.es
Sun Feb 19 07:06:30 CST 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 01:59:38PM +0100,
Jochen Kunz wrote:

> The Ultra 5 / 10 has a DB25F on the main board,
> usually labeled "A".  That is the console serial
> port. It has the usual RS232 pinout, but wrong
> gender. The machine switches to the serial
> console when no keyboard is pluged in at powerup
> / reset.

I see, thank you.  A serial cable with the DB25F
right connectors, one for that 'A' port on the
Ultra 10, and another one for the "PRIMARY PORT"
on the Ampex 220 should do, right?

Also, what are the other two connectors near the
'A' serial port, please?  One of them is labelled
with a sign which resembles a monitor with two
vertical lines at both sides, and it has three
rows of pin sockets.  The other one looks like an
RJ-45 port, and it's a label like this: <777>.

Thank you.

Cheers.
Angel

--
Angel Martin Alganza
Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Granada