[rescue] The 4 Gig SCSI HD has been claimed...

Andrew Hoerter amh at POBOX.COM
Wed Dec 12 16:56:02 CST 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not against the idea, but it does require an activation key, and it is
> designed for CUI on a 80286...

Coherent install images and serial numbers are out there and easily
findable, for those interested (not to get too specific, even though
Mark Williams Co. is long past caring about anyone using an obsolete
OS).

I have a couple of Coherent media kits in 5.25", I never saw it on
3.5" but looks like they did exist.

It was a great Unix clone for its time, at a fraction of the cost of
running the "real thing".  Of course, once Linux became usable
Coherent lost its market niche quickly.

> Honestly, the real value is the manual IMHO - one of the best *nix manuals
> I've seen.

Strongly agreed, Coherent's documentation is a forgotten gem.