[rescue] SunHELP Status Update

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 13:49:46 CST 2012

Hi Bill,

Just wanted to chime in here and tell you that I really enjoy reading
SunHELP and Rescue.
I was never a Sun sysadmin or anything like that, but I'm a casual
collector with a few Sun 3s, and a small handfull of Sparc gear.

Most of this gear is almost as old as I am, and there are really no
resources out there available to learn about it anymore.

Your lists are a catalyst for the community of those of us who would
prefer not to forget that there were fantastically-engineered machines
that existed before the world went to commodity hardware.

I enjoy reading the threads even when they're largely irrelevant to my
issue, as the anecdotes shared are often insightful.

Although the lists, especially SunHELP, are fairly low traffic, there
are those of us who follow them closely and truly appreciate the fact
that you've kept them up all these years.

So thanks-- Do what makes you happy, but as long as SunHELP exists,
I'll read it.

Cheers,

- Ian