[rescue] Wanted: SparcStation 20 and/or Parts

mail at catsnest.co.uk mail at catsnest.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 10:24:59 CST 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:

> n 24 Nov 2011, at 15:35, "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks at mac.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, I dunno about quad-Ross CPUs, specifically, but the 150+mHz
> > HyperSparcs require the 2.25R PROM.  You can still get those, believe
> > it or not.  I see them every so often on eBay.
> >
> > The 2.25R revision supports _every_ available MBus module, I believe.
> > I have, as mentioned above, a Sun SM81-2 module in my SS20, with PROM
> > 2.25R.

Thanks for the info, I just found some cheep on ebay so ordered 2 ;)

 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160504090554

They are "on sale" for US $13.98 each and there are 50ish of them left...

And I think ill get away with no having to pay import tax / VAT on these
too.

Ritchie
--
<-- http://23.me.uk/2 -->
<--Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.  -->

That was the fuzzy bit I couldn't remember. Thanks.