[rescue] WTB: 50 Pin SCSI Drive

Sheldon T. Hall shel at artell.net
Mon Nov 14 07:21:54 CST 2011

William Barnett-Lewis said ...

> I attempted to install A/UX 3.0.1 on my SE/30 the other
> evening. It didn't go to well as the partition utility ate my disk.
>
> Does anyone have a  2 gb or larger HD they can spare? My
> budget isn't terribly large but I do have a couple of 73 gb
> SCA drives I'd be happy to trade for a smaller 50 pin drive
> that would work in my SE/30.

If there's enough room, you can use a converter to make the SCA disks fit
the 50-pin connector.  I've done this on numerous Sun and SGI machines over
the years.

Of course, you not only need physical room for the convertor, but the
machine/OS has to be able to handle the size of the disk you install.

-Shel