[rescue] Sun E450's

Ben Greisler ben at kadimac.com
Fri Nov 11 16:26:08 CST 2011

On Nov 11, 2011, at 2:10 PM, JP Hindin wrote:

> I moved a 2200lbs IBM RS/6000 SP/2 system up a storey and a half of
> 50-degrees-incline stairs. We managed to bend the little aluminium kick
> strips they put on the stairs into a cute little W-shape from the wheels
> of the appliance cart. Good thing my landlord was my uncle.

When I was in college, the company I was co-op at was scrappy some IBM
mainframe gear. Myself and another co-op talked them into letting us take a
3333 disk drive. We loaded in the back of a half ton pickup truck with a fork
lift and promptly settled it onto the bumpstops. We then drove 50+ miles to
the shop. It took a few days to take that thing apart! The cast aluminum disk
housing was a marvel in itself. The shop owner saw the square tube chassis and
claimed it as payment for us using his space. What a beast that thing was!

Ben Greisler | Owner / Technical Lead |  Kadimac Corp
ofc: 215-821-1440 | email: ben at kadimac.com
Certified Member - Apple Consultants Network - ACSA | Xsan | ACT
Apple Professional Services Provider - Education and Enterprise