[rescue] Sun E450's

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Fri Nov 11 14:18:10 CST 2011

    On Fri, 11 Nov 2011, Dave Fischer wrote:

> I had two Powerserver-930's in a third floor apartment at the top of
> a very narrow set of stairs. Even without the original rack (it wound
> up in some DEC half-height racks) it was a painful move.

    Try getting an Intergraph InterAct 32C up a flight of stairs and
through a 30-inch door sometime.  The official specs state that the
thing weighs about 600 pounds and the smallest space it can pass
through is 36 inches.

    Yes, it came apart, got hauled up in sections, jockeyed through
the door in interesting ways, and then got reassembled.  If I pause
to think about the exercise my back still spasms in sympathy.

    This was also when I had a minivan as a vehicle.  Now that I drive
a 2-seater and my back isn't what it used to be these sorts of
shenanigans are right out of the picture.