[rescue] Early Cisco/Grand Junction Catalyst default password

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Sun Jun 26 06:07:34 CDT 2011

    Greetings Rescuers,

    Does anybody happen to know what the factory-default password is
for the very early Cisco Catalyst switches?  The Retro-Computing
Society of Rhode Island (RCS/RI) have one in it its original "Grand
Junction" packaging that identifies itself as a Cisco and we recently
did a "reset to factory defaults" which overwrote our own passwords
to the thing and we can't seem to find any real hints on the Web save
for "Call Cisco".

    Any ideas are welcome.  We've already tried a bare <CR? and "Cisco"
to no avail.

    Cheers!