[rescue] Powerbook Rescue

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 12:26:07 CDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 12:00 PM,  <rescue-request at sunhelp.org> wrote:
> Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:02:48 -0700
> From: Rick Hamell <hamellr at gmail.com>
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> How are you finding the battery life on it? It was my experience that the
> batteries on them died pretty quickly even when fairly new.
>
> Rick

I'm getting about 90 minutes out of a full charge. That's usually
enough for my purposes as a pseudo-netbook.If I'm not near a plug when
I get there, I can usually find one by then.

> From: Ian Finder <ian.finder at gmail.com>
> Some even died in balls of fire, if I recall.

That was the 5300's lithium batteries. They replaced them with Ni-Cads, IIRC.

BTW, anyone got a USB Cardbus card you can let go of really cheap?
I'll have to hack on it a bit to get it to physically fit, but the
chipset is actually 32 bit.

Thanks!
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.