[rescue] VAX door key

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Jun 13 17:09:17 CDT 2011

" From: "Carl R. Friend" <crfriend at rcn.com>
"
" []
"
"     I suppose eventually I should have a little bit of gold flashed
" onto them to keep the corrosion down (chrome is only so good).

nickel would be better, if it can be plated thin enough.  it's a
barrier coating, which chrome plating is not, so it prevents corrosion
of the underlying metal, and it's very hard.  but some metals, steel
included, need to be copper plated first, to get the nickel layer to
stick properly.