[rescue] VAX door key

Dave Fischer dave at cca.org
Sat Jun 11 16:20:04 CDT 2011

IanK at vulcan.com writes:

>Sliding door?  My VAX 4000-300 has a swinging "dutch" (two-piece) door that is
>unlocked with a plastic barrel key.  The power switch is a rocker on the PS.
>I've seen other 4000 pedestals that use the same scheme.

I was thinking of the sliding panel that covers the power switch and
internal tape drive on a pedestal 3000.

>The VAX-11/780(5)s and 8700 that we have at the Living Computer Museum use the
>big hex key to lock the cabinet doors, as does the VAX 6000-660 in my personal
>collection.  For the power switch, the VAX-11s use a metal barrel key, while
>the 6000 uses a plastic one just like the one used by the 4000s.  -- Ian

I just took a look and the 11/750 uses the small hex for the doors,
while the 8?00 and 6?00 use the large hex key.

I had forgotten all about that large hex key. I thought they were all
the smaller one.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
---------- Tell Brother Gu that Cuiqiao is going to be a soldier. ---------