[rescue] VAX door key

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 14:28:06 CDT 2011

Hi guys,

I found a spiffy little trinket in a cabinet in the back of a very old
server room that hasn't been used in several years.   It's a nickel plated
metal key (possibly brass inside) with the "digital' logo on one side, and a
part number on the back.   It's not really much more than a hex or Allen key
but it's in the shape of a typical door key.   Searching the part number I
find this page and several like it:

http://www.buy.com/prod/dec-12-26339-01-vax-6000-door-key/q/loc/101/208962617.html

Why the steep price?

Any VAX collectors out there that absolutely must have something like
this?   Free to a good home, but I stress *good home*.   If you're not going
to use it, let it go to somebody that will.  I had the largest personal
collection (by mass) of VAX systems in personal hands but no longer have any
of that old stuff so I can't justify keeping this thing.

-Bob