[rescue] 3ware raid

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu Jul 28 23:10:08 CDT 2011

Responding to my own post... and to put it out there how I got the card
'back'.
(but still not visible under Linux)

After removing the BBU (Battery Backup Unit), the card's BIOS would come up
and the system would POST.  (I also had the raid drives disconnected,
but not
sure that is necessary).  I then reattached the BBU (next day), and the card
the posted fine.  So the card is ok? now.

Still not visible in Linux (even with lspci).  I think Linux is not
seeing/using
a PCI<->PCI bridge or something correctly.  I don't think it is seeing
any PCI-X
at all.  I'm trying to follow that line now as it really isn't of any
use a system
with PCI-X when the OS I would plan to use on it won't see any PCI-X
cards :-(

I'd consider going back to Solaris for Intel.... however with Oracle not
sharing
patch updates, I hesitate to consider it.

-- Curt