[rescue] Disksuite 4.2.1 help

Jonathan J. M. Katz jon at jonworld.com
Tue Jul 19 17:06:51 CDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us>
wrote:
> if you haven't already, setting maxphys in /etc/system and maxcontig
> in your fs to maximum will cut your resync time about in half.  iirc
> max on both is 1M.
>
> i stumbled on this, so i'm guessing a little on causality.

The other thing I barely remember is that although Solaris UFS
supported logging it didn't start including it as a mount option in
the kernel until Solaris 7. However, there were logging options using
Disksuite for prior versions of Solaris. If there is a
misconfiguration with that, it could cause a performance issue.

The /etc/system tunables would be a good way to go.