[rescue] Disksuite 4.2.1 help

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Jul 19 15:43:25 CDT 2011

> [...] a Sun Netra NFS [...]
> What's biting me in the backside now is an array problem.  [...]

> Ideas are welcome.  Thanks in advance.  Suggestions to "upgrade to
> Linux" will go to NULL:  ;-)

How about upgrading to something else open source? :-)  Seriously, this
sort of issue is a major part of the reason I won't run anything I
don't have source to.

Religious issues aside, you might be able to get away with just
rebooting.  It is - or at least damn well better be, or disksuite is
cripplingly busted - much faster than rebuilding the array, and if the
problem is lingering state in core not reflected on disk (which strikes
me as reasonably likely) then it may well cure the problem.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org