[rescue] CF + IDE in Tandy 1000RL?

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Thu Jul 14 15:08:04 CDT 2011

> Try to stick with older, smaller CF cards, preferably <= 512MB and I expect
> you'll maximize your chances of the controller on the CF card understanding
> the protocol version(s) spoken by your controller.

Yea, the old IDE drives I guess have 8 bit data bus, where everything
after that is 16 bits wide.

So I was thinking that there is some sort of latching that would need to
be done.

I've used the CF to IDE adaptors a bunch, and have used the ACARD boards
to put CF -> IDE and IDE -> ACARD then ACARD -> SCSI sampler (ESI/Yamaha).

Disk size isn't a big deal, it's just going to have some Sierra games on
it (SQ3, KQ2, KQ3, Heros Quest) and maybe Monkey Island and some other
goodies.

I think the XT disk is going to die though. Friend beat it on the table to
get it to spin up, etc.

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :