[rescue] Wanted: Atari ST internal floppy for Mega 2 (SF314, etc)

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Thu Jul 14 14:25:40 CDT 2011

Hello.

  Working to bring a Mega 2 up to full functionality. The floppy drive
isn't working. I'm going to take more of a shot at repair of it, but am a
bit lost.

  If anyone has a SF314 floppy drive hanging around... I can get the system
to work with a normal PC floppy drive that has a jumper for DF0/DF1, but
the original has a funky bezel so it fits the Mega 2 case.

  There is a test point on the drive and when it's reading I see data on
the oscope so data is making it from the head onto the main logic board.
Going to double check that the head stepper is working. Can't find any
info on disk drive realignment for 3.5" drives.

  Let me know the asking price or if you're interested in trades!

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :