[rescue] OT: Looking for an old version of Veritas Backup Exec

Mr Ian Primus ian_primus at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 07:07:43 CST 2011

A friend of mine is trying to recover from a Windows server hard disk failure. All their backups were done to removable flash disks using an unknown backup software. The flash disk is formatted oddly - it's a UDF volume with only a single file on it - BACKUP.QIC. Looking at the volume in a sector editor, I see headers for Veritas Backup. Of course, the newest version of Veritas Backup Exec can't read them.

So, I assume it was done with an older version of Veritas - which one, I'm not sure. Anyone have something older I can try?

-Ian