[rescue] Old Mac bits needed

Mr Ian Primus ian_primus at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 09:32:32 CST 2011

--- On Tue, 1/18/11, Joost van de Griek <gyorpb at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I always wondered about that... knew the pinout looked
> the same but never actually checked to see if the cables
> were straight through or not.
>
> I must admit, I never tried it myself.

I have. It works fine. I've also done the reverse, using a Macintosh ADB cable to connect S-Video devices. I think my DVD player is still hooked up with one of those...

The only thing I'd worry about is to be sure that the two ground pins on the S-video cable aren't connected together. They're not supposed to be, but with these cheap chinese made cables, you can never be too sure.

-Ian