[rescue] PDP flip chips and memory boards, many lbs. worth

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Mon Jan 17 19:21:26 CST 2011

Some of you here know that I recycle old PC motherboards, etc. though
whenever possible I try to divert anything valuable/historical out of
the melt-it-down pile.

I have many pounds, well over 100lbs., of DEC PDP "flip chip" modules.

I have to charge for them, but would like to sell all of them, all at
once, to 1 person if possible, at a per-lb price ($8 per lb).  Given
that these flip chip modules are not very heavy this works out to well
under $2 each, I think.

Some are in original plastic shrink wrap, but most are not, and have
been exposed to moisture but are otherwise complete; some have had the
resistors or capacitors on them "weep" which means they would have to be
replaced by someone competent with a soldering iron.

A random listing of the few that I pulled out:

A123
A206
A207
G728
K012
K026
K028
K123
K124
K134
K161
K202
K210
K303
K683
M113
M1502
M155
M207
M230
M502
M652
M7264
M783
M7941
M920
M974

There are many more.

Are there any PDP collectors on this list - I know there used to be but
perhaps this stuff is just too old these days.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net