[rescue] SCSI-Ethernet on an 68040 Macintosh

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jan 17 12:25:42 CST 2011

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011, Patrick Finnegan wrote:

> Out of curiosity, can't you just do SLIP or PPP over a serial cable to
> another machine?  I know there was some IP (MacTCP) support in System
> 7.x, and people used serial modems back then...

I could.

> Also, why use a Mac instead of an Apple 2 of some flavor, and ADT?

What I have that's known-good is a Quadra 605 with a IIe card and two
Unidisk 5.25" disks.  In addition to that, I have a small pile of other
Apple II stuff that is not known-good.  I'm trying to verify the piles of
hardware, image the software disks I received with that stuff, and make
system disks for the actual hardware so that it might be usable to others.

ADT between the Quadra and a more modern machine might be the best course
of action, though.  It'd just be nice to have everything contained in one
machine, since this Apple project is on a workbench all by itself.

--
Jonathan Patschke  |
Elgin, TX          |  Sent from your rooted trendy mobile device.