[rescue] SCSI-Ethernet on an 68040 Macintosh

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Jan 17 09:58:10 CST 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:47:33AM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
>Out of curiosity, can't you just do SLIP or PPP over a serial cable to
>another machine?  I know there was some IP (MacTCP) support in System
>7.x, and people used serial modems back then...

9600 baud. Maybe 19200 if you have the correct hardware handshaking.

Mac serial ports are NOT RS-232 ports. They can be coaxing into thinking they
are, but the more esoteric protocols and speeds are difficult.

>Also, why use a Mac instead of an Apple 2 of some flavor, and ADT?

5 1/4" GCR disks.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.