[rescue] available: adm-3a

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Wed Jan 12 21:50:43 CST 2011

it's time to part with my lear siegler adm-3a.  surely someone needs
it for their collection?

http://www.google.com/images?q=adm-3a
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADM-3A

mine isn't the sexy pale blue color -- it's office-neutral beige.  it
worked when i powered it up in local echo mode last month, but the
keyboard needs cleaning -- some keys don't work.  the finish is in
good shape, though it does have some sticky residue from a former
owner.  the cover for the dip switches is, of course, missing.  the
switches themselves are crusted with the obligatory inky ball point
pen gunk.  i think i may have an original owner's manual.

if anyone knows someone/someplace that might want it for more than
scrap, let me know.   i'll hang onto it if it comes to it, but it's
just sitting, and owning it for the last 15 years has served its
sentimental purpose for me.

local to boston vastly preferred -- i'd rather not have to ship.  and
i think i'd like a token payment of some sort, just as an expression
of "i'm actually interested in this thing", rather than "i'll take it
off your hands but may toss it next month".

paul
p.s. thanks to phil stracchino for pointing me at this list...