[rescue] Happy New Year! RIP, Sun/Solaris...

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Sat Jan 8 11:08:03 CST 2011

On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 10:55:48AM -0600, Dr Robert Pasken wrote:
>Obviously you hate the USPS. The package of CD/DVD's my wife sent me
>in Cape Verde took 4 days, the Guinea-Bissau package took 10 days,
>but considering that I was away from any major city I'm not
>surprised. Packages sent to Lithuania where the rest of my family
>lives take a week
>only when they are close to the maximum allowable weight. It would
>appear the problem is Israeli post office rather than USPS

You've been lucky. Lots of people complain about packages coming (or not)
out of the US. I've also had packages sent to me via friends and relatives
in the US never making it to them.

Packages sent via FEDEX/DHL/UPS or EMS (the post office equivalent) do much
better, but cost a lot more.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.