[rescue] Wanted: Mac IIfx or Quadra 950

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jan 7 17:22:19 CST 2011

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 12:36:43PM -0800, Ian Finder wrote:
> Seconded. You got us all interested!

Now that I've sent him payment and have a tracking number.. 8-)

http://www.mrbill.net/macivory.jpg

All of that, pulled from a complete system (to save on shipping)
that was bought directly from Symbolics a few years ago.

I got it for...
wait for it

$325 shipped.

You can all feel free to hate me now. 8-)

The seller was originally wanting around $500; I told him that all I could
offer him at the time (last month) was $250 and that wouldn't be fair, and
suggested he post a FS: ad on Reddit's /r/lisp subreddit.  He came back
about a week ago and asked if I'd be open to $300 plus shipping, and I
sold one of my spare PCs and jumped on it.

A friend in Austin has a Quadra 650 he's going to send me; I look forward
to getting this up and running and getting my LispM on.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas