[rescue] test

Jonathan J. M. Katz jon at jonworld.com
Fri Jan 7 10:11:58 CST 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Dr Robert Pasken <rpasken at eas.slu.edu> wrote:
> Exactly what is crappy about the 2wire boxes? I have had AT&T U-verse for 2
> years and have been wondering what's in/special about the 2-wire box. I do

For typical home stuff it's OK. It's a NAT gateway that supports WPA2.
Bill commented about their "public IPs" being kinda silly (1:1 NAT.)

You can also get into the box and change settings. I did that to hide
my SSID and change it from "2WIRE###" to something else.

But, because of work & reimbursements I do my internet through a cable
modem (so  I can bill that back to corporate on its own) and TV only
on U-Verse. I have it bundled with my wife's cellphone and I get the
savings there.