[rescue] Happy New Year! RIP, Sun/Solaris...

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Jan 6 04:17:48 CST 2011

On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 11:42:34AM +0200, Jonathan Groll wrote:
>Does it make sense to buy a USB drive and to extract the bare-disk?

Yes, I've done that a few times. It depends upon how patient you are about
waiting for a sale.

In one case, I took a 1.5tb drive from a case and put it into a computer with
a 160g drive in it. There was only room for one drive in this computer. The
old drive went into the USB case and now lives on a DBS-T (Eu standard
Digitial TV) box to provide video recording functions.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.