[rescue] Wanted: Mac IIfx or Quadra 950

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Sun Jan 2 02:39:00 CST 2011

On Jan 1, 2011, at 8:41 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> It needs to be a IIfx or a 950 unfortunately from what I've read.

No, not really. It can be basically any 68k Mac with NuBus slots. The IIfx and
Q950 are _desireable_ because of the speed and large number of slots. But not
required.

That said, the Q700 has only two slots, so you'd be limited to one 8 MB memory
board (16 MB on the NatSemi board needs a daughtercard that makes the adjacent
slot unusable), and I'm not entirely positive there's enough extra room around
the second slot to accommodate the MacIvory itself, which is quite a lot wider
than the 16 MB NatSemi.

ok
bear.

--