[rescue] Happy New Year! RIP, Sun/Solaris...

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sun Jan 2 18:55:52 CST 2011

On 01/02/11 19:39, Scott Newell wrote:
> At 03:00 PM 1/2/2011, Magnus wrote:
>
>> OpenBSD runs extremely well on my Sun hardware (including multiprocessor
>> E250). But as mentioned previously, it's rather primitive.
>
> OpenBSD is normally what I run on sparcs, but this one has a bad
> onboard NIC.  No obsd driver for the PCI card I had on hand, so I
> ended up with debian.

I run OpenBSD on my firewall box, which is a single-core Intel-based box
with a QFE, running off a smallish CF card.  It's fast on the old
hardware, has a tiny footprint, and is good at its job.  It'd pretty
much suck as a user desktop ... but I'm not making any attempt to try to
use it as one, so that's fine.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.