[rescue] Happy New Year! RIP, Sun/Solaris...

Magnus magnus at yonderway.com
Sun Jan 2 13:47:45 CST 2011

On Jan 2, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Frankly, the entire *BSD userspace is a bit on the primitive side.  What
> I don't understand about this is that the true *BSD zealots (of which
> there fortunately seem to be none on the list that I am aware of) appear
> to regard it as a point of pride.

I love OpenBSD but have more or less stopped using it because of this. No
encrypted filesystem, no logical volume management, no PAM, no nsswitch, awful
package management, no binary patches, etc.

I don't mind that it doesn't have a GUI. I've got my Mac for that.

As a matter of fact, I've decided to unload my older UNIX systems, and even my
Linux PC's, and instead run entirely OS X throughout my home infrastructure.