[rescue] Tadpole 3GX + extras for sale

Justin Haynes justin at justinhaynes.com
Mon Dec 5 13:23:56 CST 2011

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:22 PM, John Ruschmeyer <jruschme at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Barry Callahan <barryc at rjlsystems.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Had you seen the PowerMonster-II?
> > http://www.artmix.com/CF_**powermon_II.html<
> http://www.artmix.com/CF_powermon_II.html>
> >
> > I found what appeared to be a Japanese auction site with a listing and
> > quit looking.
> > I sent them an email asking if they were still available and how to
> order.
> > We shall see what the response is like.
> >

> There's a bit of a thread on them over at the 68k MLA (
> http://68kmla.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17047)
>
> John

Very interesting!  I"m a little confused as to whether it will work in the
sparcbook 3GX.  Physically I suppose it will fit in nicely.  The 3GX does
fast SCSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI#Parallel_SCSI for reference).
which is 50-pin, 8 bit (not "wide") and will do 10MB/sec.  This adapter is
said to work in a Powerbook 100, so I'm guessing it must work.  However the
flier (http://www.artmix.com/CF_powermon_II.html) says "UltraSCSI-3".  I'm
guessing they may be referring to the "SCSI-3 SPI-2 (1997)", and that it is
8-bit 50 pin and backward compatible to fast scsi.