[rescue] Tadpole 3GX + extras for sale

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 01:22:02 CST 2011

I have really liked OpenBSD though every time I've given it a go.

Do bells and whistles like sound work correctly? It's not immediately
clear from the list.

But it says it supports the Tadpole PCMCIA controller, and WaveLAN
wifi adapters.

I've got an old Orinoco card, and it would be fun to have this on
WiFi, at the price of a more nostalgic OS.

-- Ian

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 11:05 PM, Justin Haynes <justin at justinhaynes.com>
wrote:

> I don't know, but I do have all of the media for the 3GX
>
> I prefer to run OpenBSD on mine as it is one of the few (only? in my
> estimation and research) current operating systems still being maintained
> on this architecture.  It runs quite well, and if you hard code one of the
> drivers for 32bpp X will run just fine at that color density.  It's just
> that the userland utilities don't exist to change it dynamically.
>
> Now if I can just solve the SCSI to IDE problem I can have a completely
> silent Tadpole with a SDD IDE dirve in it. :-)
>
> -Justin
>
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:35 AM, Ian Finder <ian.finder at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, the last message I sent was ridiculous.
> >
> > The second part was a very misguided attempt to fish for commercial
> > abandonware recommendations, but it was too poorly worded to even
> > comprehend. Blame it on being up 24+ hours for finals.
> >
> > On that note though, what is the legal status of Tadpole-compatible
Solaris