[rescue] sunos 4.1.1 cdrom image ?

Derrik Walker v2.0 lorddoomicus at me.com
Thu Dec 1 23:18:22 CST 2011

Well, lets see, I would have followed SGI's docs, so the last one is probably
what did me in.  /bin/sh on Linux and Mac OS X is bash, and on solaris it's
the Posix shell, which is based on bourn shell, NOT ksh. UUhhgggg!  I'll keep
that in mind incase I have to install IRIX from the network again in the
future.

Thanks.
- Derrik

On Dec 01, 2011, at 06:08 PM, Andrew Jones
<andrew at jones.ec> wrote:

On 12/01/2011 04:17 PM, Derrik Walker v2.0 wrote:

I have only ever got an SGI to net boot off of another SGI. I tired the exact
> same set up on Suns, Linux, even Mac OS X, and I could never get it to work.
> But, net booting from one SGI to another is 0 problems. If you don't have

another SGI, good luck! Maybe you can get it to work. If you do, let me know

how.o;?

> - Derrik

The installer has weird expectations:

- rsh has to be
enabled
- entire install tree has to be accessible via tftp
- /bin/sh *must*
be ksh

All but the last are documented in the official SGI docs.