[rescue] Sun Sparcstation 20 hard disks

Lex Landa brooknet at imap.cc
Thu Aug 25 10:49:28 CDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 09:13 -0400, Mouse wrote:

> I dunno.  Unless I change in some very fundamental way (move my mind to
> silicon instead of protein maybe, if that becomes possible in time), I
> don't expect to want to live forever.

I am reminded of William Gibson's 'Dixie Flatline' character, from the
Neuromancer novel.  Remember to plug in that short-term memory..

Maybe that will be the next phase of computer history: preservation of
the computer history enthusiast, the computer, and all media relating to
the history of all of the above.  I should warn anyone that if you plan
to turn me into a ROM construct, you'll get a system that will only boot
in the mid-afternoon, will use extra power at night, and will shut down
when the sun is out.

Lex