[rescue] LCD Swing Arm that mounts on the rails of a rack?

Ben Greisler ben at kadimac.com
Thu Aug 25 07:55:28 CDT 2011

On Aug 24, 2011, at 1:21 PM, Earl Baugh wrote:

> A lot of replies... thanks for the pointers...
>
> Mike has a good picture of the type of think I'm looking for.  (EBay Item
> 330581344598)
> I've actually seen one like this at Frys.  The problem is, that mounting
> bracket isn't even close to
> something that would fit on the rails without a fair deal of cutting,
> etc.     So, I'm looking for something like
> what Mike posted, but with a "different" mounting plate.
>
> I figured I'd ask before I got one like the above and had to
> hacksaw/cut/drill it to fit.   Not that I can't
> but I've got plenty of other things to do (Iike my current debugging of a
> Sun 3/110 board... slowly trying
> to find the bad ram...)

I don't know why it would need any cutting. I would bolt a piece of flat stock
to the rails using the standard hardware and then bold the arm to that. Seems
straightforward, no? Yes it would require a few holes drilled in the flat
stock, but that is about it.

Ben Greisler | Owner / Technical Lead |  Kadimac Corp
ofc: 215-821-1440 | email: ben at kadimac.com
Certified Member - Apple Consultants Network - ACSA | Xsan | ACT
Apple Professional Services Provider - Education and Enterprise