[rescue] Sun Sparcstation 20 hard disks

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Wed Aug 24 16:53:59 CDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Mouse <mouse at rodents-montreal.org> wrote:
>> as noted, the ss2 is not sca but 50-pin narrow scsi.  i'm a little
>> surprised there aren't sca - 50-pin paddleboards that would fit on
>> the back of the drive.
>
> Such things exist; I own some.  I haven't checked one in an SS2, so
> perhaps "that would fit" fails, but, going from memory, I think there's
> enough room.

All of the SCA/50 adapters that I have seen take up too much room to
be used, when the disk is mounted fore/aft, as the SS2 was designed
for.  If you mount the disk sideways, though, there should be no
issue.  You might need to use a longer 50pin SCSI cable, though.  The
stock one is pretty short.

- Alex