[rescue] SunOS/SS2 Revitalization (Was: Sun Sparcstation 20 hard disks)

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Wed Aug 24 16:42:28 CDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us>
wrote:
> " there's even progs out there that will probe-scsi and [almost] make
> " one for you.  and there's a massive canonical format.dat which
> " probably already has the entry you need, on the net somewhere too.
>
> forgot to add: joerg schilling's sformat, which compiles/runs on
> sunos4 and autodetects disk geometry.

Out of curiosity, what was the last update to SunOS 4.1.x?  4.1.4U1?
That's the last version that I recall.  I should install that on my
SS2, if I can find a copy, somewhere.

I was looking for a PowerUP for the SS2, last time I used it.  I'd
still love to track one of those down, along with an SBus memory
board.

- Alex