[rescue] e3500 won't power on

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Aug 22 21:46:48 CDT 2011

On 8/22/2011 9:50 PM, Dave Fischer wrote:
> Is it getting as far as outputting a few lines to the console each time,
> or does it just click and give up now?
>
> I have seen the power unit that you plug the power cord into die. I
> had to replace that on the first E3500 I got. (Seems odd - there's
> very little going on in that module.)

Just click and give up, no console output.

This e3500 actually had a bad PPS when i first got it, but it still
powered up because the one in front still worked.  I still have that
failed one, so I'll give it a try...

Sure enough, that was it.  Machine powers up with the "Bad" PPS, does
nothing with the "Even Worse" PPS.  Guess it's time to add a saved
search on ebay for one of those.

     -Dan Sikorski