[rescue] Need to find

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Aug 22 14:35:19 CDT 2011

On 8/22/2011 3:27 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> On 8/22/2011 3:17 PM, Michael Vergallen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> am looking for a PCI-X SCSI Differential card ... I can seem to find any
>> info on those cards. if anyone has one can they give a part number so I
>> don4t get a wrong one. need to connect a HP DL580 G2 to an SUN D1000
>> because my E4000 is dying and I need to move the array over.
>>
>> Michael
>> ______________________________
> Would be surprised if you could find a PCIX version, however, even the
> G2 of the DL580 should have something compatible with PCI amongst its
> slots.

Isn't PCI backward compatability part of the PCIX specification?

The wikipedia article on PCIX says:

"PCI-X is not compatible with the older 5-volt I/O, which the first
revision of PCI used exclusively. Starting with PCI 2.x, 3.3 volt I/O
was supported, with which PCI-X is backward compatible.^[1]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI-X#cite_note-PCI-SIG-0> Apart from
this, PCI-X and 3.3 volt PCI cards generally can be intermixed on a
PCI-X bus, but bus speed will be limited to the clock frequency of the
slowest card, an inherent limitation of PCI's shared bus topology."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI-X

So, you just need a PCI HVD SCSI Card?

     -Dan Sikorski