[rescue] FreeBSD and ZFS, was Re: 3ware raid

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.us
Mon Aug 8 04:39:22 CDT 2011

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011, N. Miller wrote:
> That's exactly right, Shawn.  Our biggest issues at work with the
> x4100/4140's is just this: the LSI & Adaptec RAID don't present real
> JBOD to ZFS.

Adaptec doesn't present a real UI, and LSI dumbed it's UI down instead
of writing a decent manual. Of course, I speak of the PERC varieties.
The AAC's RAID control UI always feels like "My First Fisher-Price
Storage Array(tm)". No, I don't need to scrub the drives, I'm installing
an OS in five minutes, or whenever POST finishes.

Who makes the hardware RAID used in the T-series?

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR
Disinformation Analyst