[rescue] Anybody have Solaris 10 patch 6801926 ?

vintagecoder at aol.com vintagecoder at aol.com
Tue Aug 2 14:29:34 CDT 2011

I'm running Solaris 10 Update 8 on Intel as a development system. Today I
hit the dreaded assertion failed: zvol_get_stat(os, nv) error which rendered
200G of data I spent most of yesterday moving onto a ZFS mirror pool and
double checking specifically to make sure I didn't lose it, unusable. Life
is funny sometimes. The pool is exported, and won't import. When I do a
force import I get the assertion failure and a kernel panic and the machine
reboots. So much for the department of redundancy department.

Does anybody have the patch for this? The number I found is 6801926 and it
is supposed to be applied in update 9. Unfortunately for me update 9
won't install on this box and I have no spare Intel boxes to try it on.
Solaris Express also doesn't work properly on my Intel hardware, not the
live CD and not the text installer. I've spent most of the day trying to
get this data back and no joy.

Thanks to anybody who can help.