[rescue] SPARC hardware up for offer

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Wed Sep 29 10:38:17 CDT 2010

> I don't have any USB Sun mice or keyboards, sorry.  They're all Sun's
> not-quite-PS2 port.

If you mean the miniDIN-8 connector used on most of the SPARC32 Suns,
it's pretty much totally non-PS2.  The only relationship it bears to
PS2 is that the connector uses the same more-or-less-circular shell.
Oh, and, maybe, the voltage levels; I don't know what voltage levels
the PS2 interface uses.

The Sun miniDIN-8 keyboard/mouse interface is a normal serial line
restricted to just the data pins, except for the voltage levels - I've
used Sun keyboards on ordinary serial ports with nothing but voltage
level shifters in between.  (Actually, two serial lines on a single
connector, one for keyboard and one for mouse.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org