[rescue] Looking for Sun E10K power supplies

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Thu Sep 23 23:13:26 CDT 2010

Hello,

   I could use a power supply or two from the Sun E10K. Not so oddly, it's
the same as what is found in the Cray J90 series systems (at least, the
J932SE.) It's Sun part # is 300-1368. It's a 2000 watt DC supply (48vdc.)
The system uses 5 of them. 4 of mine seem sketchy, but two seem to be the
worst.

   They are made by Pioneer Magnetics, PM3329BP-5. Options
-1CZ-2F-60-8FUVZ-20C. That mostly means that it talks to the Cray's alarm
panel, and can run on a bus with the others, and what not.

   There was a guy who had that $75 E10K on ebay and I had talked to him a
bit via email about buying off the power supplies from it. But didn't
follow it up as closely as I should have.

   If anyone runs across any...