[rescue] Identify this Sunish Serial Cable Splitter...

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Thu Sep 23 19:09:49 CDT 2010

> I have VME boards with Sparcstations on board.  They feature this DB
> connector with 3 rows of pins.  Top row is 9 pins.  Next is 9 pins.
> Next is 8 pins.  So it's 26 total.  Seems to be a DB-26-HD or
> DB-HD-26.

Sure it's a DB?  That sounds like something I'd expect to see in a DA
shell.  (If you want about 26 pins in a DB shell, I'd be inclined to
use ordinary DB25.  Spacing them out as widely in one direction and as
close in the other as a DB such as you describe seems odd to me.  If
you really need that 26th pin and don't mind custom connectors, I'd do
two parallel rows of 13 in a DB shell.)

In any case, if you have any way to get a close-up picture of it, I'd
be very curious.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org