[rescue] Solaris 10 u9 live-upgrade mini-howto

Ahmed Ewing aewing at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 08:47:30 CDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>wrote:

> The results of some research and trial-and-error:  Mini-howto on how to
> live-upgrade to Solaris 10 u9, on ZFS, from a previous version that lacks
> the new autoregistration feature, opting out of autoregistration in the
> event that you do not have an existing autoregistration file or don't wish
> to autoregister.
>
> [snip]

> # echo "auto_reg=disable" > /tmp/sysidcfg

After trial and error, "auto_reg=none" also worked for me in my first
attempt this past weekend to kick off a Jumpstart using a modified Sol10 u8
sysidcfg file.

I found it very curious that the new documentation appears to allude to the
"auto_reg" variable as a means to auto-*accept* the phone-home setting, but
didn't seem to clearly state anywhere what value is used to auto-disable
it... Sigh. :-/

-A