[rescue] Solaris 9/10 is out

Nemo cym224 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 08:35:34 CDT 2010

On 11 September 2010 08:40, Carl R. Friend <crfriend at rcn.com> wrote:
>   On Thu, 9 Sep 2010, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
[...]
>> Oracle doesn't want OpenSolaris competing with their new walled
>> garden (which automatically collects info on your system and sends
>> it off to them).
>
>   That's just plain evil.  Perhaps I, too, will stay at S10U8 which
> runs nicely on my old T-1 105.

The link sent by Steve
(http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/821-1840/gijtg?a=view) contains the
following paragraph.

"You can elect to have your configuration data sent to the Oracle
Product Registration System anonymously. An anonymous registration
means that the configuration data sent to Oracle has no link to the
name of a customer. You also have the option to disable Auto
Registration."

john