[rescue] Sun Ultra 20s on surpluscomputers.com

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 20:29:47 CDT 2010

I was describing the chasis I saw in the photos, I quite like the GX270s, they
have a nice Intel Gigabit Ethernet port, take either a SATA or IDE boot drive
(MB has an on-board SATA port), and can handle 4 Gig of RAM - all with a
hyper-theading P4 at 2.8 GHz...

For non-graphic intensive applications, they are very usable - until the caps
go...

Lionel

On Sep 5, 2010, at 8:49 PM, James C <james at frantech.ca> wrote:

> I assume we're talking about Dell Optiplex machines? I've got a stack of
GX150s that still work fine. My home router's a GX150 running Vyatta, and it's
damn stable. I have a GX270 somewhere in my closet too, not sure if it works
or not.

> I had some sweet old lady call me one time because her machine wouldn't
boot, so I got there and she's using this ancient P1 box that sounded more
like a chainsaw when you turned it on. All she ever did was send emails to her
kids and extended family, so I set her up with a GX150 with XP, and she hasn't
had an issue since.